Sunday, January 22, 2006

Brandon goes suit...

Encountered my first-ever interview on Friday. Nothing like waking up at 4:45 am and having to "be on" for the next 16 hours. I made it through the entire day without offending anyone or making any inapropriate comments; two small steps for Brandon, one large step for Walsh-kind.

Toured DC by car with possible new boss who proceeded to make 4 illegal left turns on the way to the yard. This in the city where you cannot go more than 100 yards without the presence of some kind of law enforcement official. I was not sure if this was my first test or not...does one point out the egregious error and pass the ethics portion or does one shut up and pass the 'is he a square' exam. I chose to be cool rather than law abiding, a total contradiction to my life, but if it worked for George, why not me.

Rest of the day consisted of questions, eating, questions, walking, questions and more questions. Seems like a cool gig, supposed to hear Monday. Steve, arise this morning and realize that although Chicago seems sweet, 'if they only pay in peanuts, I can only feed the elephants'-Confuscious.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Double True!

Brandon said...

Two days...no word. I think I'm out.

Since 1969 said...

I blame the Lincoln Memorial comment. Geez Brando, he was one of our most beloved presidents. I mean he freed the slaves...kind of.