Saturday, January 20, 2007

CD's nuts...

I just got home from Best Buy where I purchased Gym Class Heroes. Great album so far after one spin through...but I digress.

This is my first album purchased in quite some time since I have become an iTunes junkie. It was very disheartening that it took me 30 blocks, two red lights and 3 bad 93.3 FLZ songs to open the damn thing. In all the years that CD's have been around, they have done nothing to ease the removal of the little plastic sticky strip that keeps the case together. Sure they added the "Pull Here" tab, but what's that really doing for anybody. It's so bad that some Shmoe has invented a tool to make it easier to remove the plastic strip - which by the way is stickier than any glue I've ever come across. I'm urging the industry. Work on this. It could be a top 3 reason why I no longer buy the compact disc. If need be, I will stage some sort of action to force your hand.

No comments: