Saturday, January 27, 2007

BEEEEEEAAAAAAAADS.....

Today is the day that all Tampanians (or Tampans, or Tampons, or Tampacs, or Tampers) look forward to. A good excuse to dress like a pirate, drink profusely, yell obsenities and stare at a chick's chest - and not get hit for it. Let the beads flow like wine. Today's plan is hairy. I am letting myself into Q's world for a tour of Jose Gaspar, South Tampa style. As a poor black child from Lutz, I was never allowed into these part during my youth but I have somehow infiltrated their layer. I have set for myself a checklist of items to watch for today:
1) a red radio flyer wagon puuled by someone over 25 with a pony keg in tow
2) fake breasts (should not be hard)
3) real breasts - exposed (might be the biggest challenge of all)
4) beads with light up nipples
5) a drunk Florida fan to high five our championship win
6) a homeless man who awoke to a parade on his lanai
7) people I know or can pretend to know since Q knows everyone and it's fun to try to know more people.
8) the Rays float
9) someone falling down, already has fallen down or is getting carted off with an injury after falling down.
10) someone passed out before 3pm

I share a past anecdotal Gasparilla story.